Rosemary Chili Orange Butter



Want something more exciting than conventional butter? So do we! That’s why we are having a thrilling option for you. This butter was made with rosemary, chili peppers and oranges.

No, it doesn't taste too spicey because of the chili peppers. Trust me, I had the same thought at first. But now that I have made this I want it all the time. It just looks so pretty :-D I think this is also a nice idea as a little prezzie when you are invited. It is simple to make so you don't have to put alot of effort into it.

I made some for my mother-/ and sister -in law and they both said they liked it. I don't know if they just said it because they HAD to haha, after all I am their family now too, but that I am sure they said the truth. Because even my husband liked it. And he never lies to me when it's about the taste of something. He always says: "Just making sure you don't cook that again, you know?" :-) Charming, isn't he :-)


Now that I have tried my first butter, I am totally avid to make more versions. Oh and if you really want to impress your family or friends, how about some homemade baguette? Just have a look on my blog I have a wonderful recipe in the Basics category.






print recipe

Rosemary Chili Orange Butter
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (100g) soft butter
  • 1/2 orange
  • 1 branch rosemary
  • 1/2 fresh chili pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
Instructions
1. Take the butter out of the fridge and cut it into thin bits so it is easier for the butter to reach room temperature. Now stir the butter until smooth. You can use a mixer to do so. Don’t heat the butter. We want it smooth, but not liquid.2. Wash the orange and add 1 tsp. of orange zest to the butter. Also, squeeze the orange and add its juice.3. Now take the rosemary and chili pepper. Wash them and cut them into really thin bits. Add them to the butter.4. Now stir well again until smooth. Season with 1 tsp. of salt. Use clear film (saran wrap) to furl the butter into a sausage (most likely like we can buy liver sausage at the store, see in the video below) You can also just put it into a plastic container.5. Now put it into the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 piece

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE