Pizza Sauce


Pizza sauce isn’t plain tomato sauce. For me at least. I used alot of garlic for this recipe but I just can't help it - I love it and it is hard for me to avoid it when I am cooking for my husband. 

My mom also is a REAL garlic hater (What the heck is wrong with all of them?) so I mostly am living out my garlic passion on my own. It's okay. I live. 

Jokes aside of course you can leave out the garlic, it will still taste delicious. I promise!

While I am completely okay with dried oregano I always try to get fresh basil whenever I can. Not sure why but I feel more "Italian" when using fresh herbs :-)

What about you? Do you prefer fresh herbs or are you a fan of the practical little boxes of dried herbs? 




print recipe

Pizza Sauce
Ingredients
  • 5 cups fresh tomatoes
  • 4 garlic gloves
  • 1 onion
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. oregano
  • fresh basil
Instructions
1. Chop tomatoes into thin bits. Cut garlic cloves into little cubes and cut onion in half.2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry garlic clove for about 2 minutes.3. After 2 minutes add the chopped tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.4. Put stove on medium heat and let it cook for approx. 30 minutes..5. Remove the onion and season with salt and pepper.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE